- 1 cup olive oil.
- 2 and 1/2 of water.
- Half a kilo of flour (more or less).
- 8 eggs.
- 500 grs. of sugar.
– Step 1: Put the fire in the water with the oil. When it boils, beat the flour, scald it and beat it hard with a wooden spoon.
– Step 2: When the mixture is warm add the eggs one by one, while the dough does not soak the first one should not be added the second. The dough should be soft, if there is anything hard, you can add some warm water.
– Step 3: With two soup spoons, form medium rolls and bake over low heat until golden brown.
– Step 4: Then prepare a syrup with 1/2 liter of water and 500 grams of sugar and when it is ready soak well. It is advisable to “melarlas” the previous day
– This sweet is like most of this Levantine area, has an Arab origin as you can see by the name.